“The ORGANIC by John Patrick hair for this season is a very real and natural look that can be adapted to fit anyone’s style. It’s like messy teenage hair with a bit of glamour, inspired by the idea of a ‘Model Off Duty’ who quickly pins her hair back This collection is very ‘90’s romantic and full of mismatched textures. I love how the hair is beautiful and unfussy, echoing the ‘elevated grunge’ vibe of our clothing.” — John Patrick of ORGANIC by John Patrick
Style it now!
1. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion (£17.50) throughout the hair for matte texture. Massage with fingertips at the root for slight volume.
2. Gently backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, ultra roughed-up look, while leaving the ends of the hair untouched. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray (£16) for light hold.
3. Using a Mason Pearson brush, loosely brush the top of the hair back to smooth backcombed portions. Allow hair to part naturally.
4. To create the textured, half-up style, twist and pull one-inch sections from above the ear on each side of the head. Use bobby pins to secure the entwined pieces at the occipital bone at the back of the head.
5. To keep the haphazard look from being untidy, finish with a holding mist of Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray (£17.50).